Landscape Design Internship
CRWA seeks a landscape design/planning intern with a background in landscape architecture/design/ planning with strong graphics capabilities. This internship provides an exciting opportunity for interns to play a key role in ongoing Blue Cities Initiative projects and helps build their skill sets in landscape design, public education and outreach, field work and documentation of a variety of demonstration projects.
- Unpaid internship
- Interns may be able to coordinate with their school programs to receive college credit
- Internship schedules are flexible within normal business hours
- The internship requires a commitment of a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Interns work directly with CRWA staff
- Design of urban and suburban "water supportive" infrastructure and landscape projects (site analysis to conceptual design)
- Preparation of graphics for handouts/brochures, newsletter articles and public presentations.
- Research on a variety of topics include emerging best management practices in stormwater design
- Compiling fact sheets as part of CRWA’s education, outreach and advocacy programs.
- Volunteer engagement, communications and public outreach
- Professional experience working with a small non-profit organization
- Grant and report writing
- Design Skills: background in Landscape Architecture/ Design.
- Graphic Skills: Adobe Suite (CS2 or greater) including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; AutoCAD; knowledge of GIS (ArcMap) and Web design would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Low Impact Development practices for stormwater management
- Writing ability
- Research skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to work independently
- Access to a car and a valid driver’s license is helpful
Charles River Watershed Association is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in its hiring, workplace, and work.