Landscape Design Internship
CRWA seeks a landscape design/planning intern with a background in landscape architecture/design/ planning with strong graphics capabilities. This internship provides an exciting opportunity for interns to play a key role in ongoing Blue Cities Initiative projects and helps build their skill sets in landscape design, public education and outreach, field work and documentation of a variety of demonstration projects.
- Unpaid internship
- Interns may be able to coordinate with their school programs to receive college credit
- Internship schedules are flexible within normal business hours
- The internship requires a commitment of a minimum of 16 hours per week
- Interns work directly with CRWA staff
- Design of urban and suburban "water supportive" infrastructure and landscape projects (site analysis to conceptual design)
- Preparation of graphics for handouts/brochures, newsletter articles and public presentations.
- Research on a variety of topics include emerging best management practices in stormwater design
- Compiling fact sheets as part of CRWA’s education, outreach and advocacy programs.
- Volunteer engagement, communications and public outreach
- Professional experience working with a small non-profit organization
- Grant and report writing
- Design Skills: background in Landscape Architecture/ Design.
- Graphic Skills: Adobe Suite (CS2 or greater) including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; AutoCAD; knowledge of GIS (ArcMap) and Web design would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Low Impact Development practices for stormwater management
- Writing ability
- Research skills
- Willingness to learn and ability to work independently
- Access to a car and a valid driver’s license is helpful
CRWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of age, class, color, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender, national origin, race, or sexual orientation.